Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Deformed beak - Seagull









Bird was with large group of other gulls in the south side of town.






Pic "05-14-08 003" was taken in "My Backyard"

Pics #004 - 027 were taken in the parking lot at South end of S. Waterfront Park where Ballaine turns into Railway Ave ("South S. Waterfront Park" on map I sent)

Beginning with pic "05-14-08 0 28" the gulls are across Railway Avenue in the lot beside the monument ("Tsunami Row")

I kept changing sites so that I could feed the crows sans gulls for at least a few minutes. The gulls showed up about a month ago and have taken over. They swarm the feeding areas and gobble up the food making it difficult for the crows to get anything. I was rather happy to note that PegLeg returned - saw it in Middle SWP last week. It has only one foot and the leg is a rather gray colored stump. I had not seen Peg Leg all winter.

Addendum: Per the Bird Woman/Biologist Extraordinare the gull is a "Glaucous-winged Gull (or possibly a Glaucous-winged/Herring Gull hybrid)"
# 9,11,14,17,30,34,37,38

No comments: